Thursday, October 30, 2008

When I first, er, "commandeered" that car a few hours ago, I really had no idea where I was going to go. I just knew I had to get the hell out of Warrenton before more of those things came back. Now I think I made a mistake.

Since most of those machines head east, I decided to go west. Seemed logical at the time.

However, I'm in Charlottesville now, and I'm seeing plenty evidence that machines have been through here as well. Much of the city is destroyed and in flames. I spoke with one survivor who said that the things came out of the mountains with no warning. Unlike the "ship" that landed in Warrenton, this one had ended up in a much more remote area. I'm starting to realize that attack is much more widespread than I had thought, perhaps even effecting the whole world. If so, that would mean that no where is safe.

There still seems to be a news blackout in effect. Can't say if it's the aliens blocking the signals or our own government censoring things, but the effect is the same: No one knows what's going on. Even the official internet news sites are down.

I'm going to hit the road again. Just keep heading west, I guess.

0 thoughtful ramblings: