Saturday, August 23, 2008

Obama Just Lost My Vote

Barack Obama has chosen Delaware Senator Joe Biden to be his running mate, and it just cost the Democrats my vote.

No, it's not that I have anything against Biden. My complaint is that I had signed up to get a text message the moment Obama made his choice public. And when did he decide to do this? At 3 goddamn 21 in the freakin' morning on a Saturday!?!?!?

If you decide to wake me up at such an ungodly hour, the building had damn well better be on fire, or there better be a new shot of Britney's snatch available online. That's about it.

One thing you do NOT do, however, is wake me up before sunrise just to tell me the name of your vice presidential pick. At 3:21 A.M. I simply don't give a crap about the future of our nation, or the Iraq war, or the federal deficit, or how many goddamn houses McCain owns. All I care about at 3:21 is sleeping. If you forget that, you can rest assured there WILL be consequences.

Besides, wasn't it Hillary who once talked about those 3 A.M. phone calls?

0 thoughtful ramblings: