Sunday, January 15, 2006

The Argument For A 25 Hour Day

Tonight's THE big night for rabid 24 fans. The fifth season of the absurdly fast-paced action show was supposed to start at 8 PM (eastern), and guess what? The Carolina/Chicago game is running long. Consequently, the start of 24 will be delayed, which is bad enough. What's worse, however, is that the END of the show will now take place some time after 10. Anyone who's not at home to watch it and is hoping to catch it via VCR or DVR tomorrow is going to be really, REALLY pissed!

Personally though, I couldn't care less. I watched the first season back in 2001 and got hooked on it. But then late in the 23rd and final hour Nina shot and killed Jack's wife. After three years of intense psychotherapy I finally got over the trauma of that plot twist, but I remain reluctant to get sucked back into the show lest my delicate psyche once again end up shattered into a million pieces.

And don't EVEN get me started on Jack's daughter Kim. My God!! How dimwitted can a girl be? Talk about your stereotypical blonde!!! Is it even possible to get kidnapped three times in the course of one day? Well, unless you're in Iraq, I mean.

But even more importantly, there's the time factor. If I were to start watching 24 again, I would be committing myself to watching it every single week for the next six months. I'm already having a hard enough time keeping up with Lost, Invasion, House, Battlestar Galactica, Smallville, and a number of half hour comedies. Then in March HBO will be launching new seasons of The Sopranos and Deadwood. And let's not even get into the two Netflix DVD's that have been sitting on top of my TV since last September.

On top of all that, I also have to find time to complain about how I never have enough time to do anything except complain about how I never have enough time.


0 thoughtful ramblings: