Sunday, February 04, 2007

That'll Be Two Cents, Please

Haloscan's commenting is now working. Their "forums" and "help" sections were back up last night so I tried the automated upload/download installation process again. This time the dang thing finally worked! While I would prefer to have the comments links appear on their own separate line, there doesn't appear to be any way to do that on this new template.

If you look at the older comments, there are two comment lines. That's a byproduct of my adding the code to the post itself, which also gave a little more flexibility in terms of their placement. It also allowed me to make up my own comment titles (rather than the numerical one assigned by Blogger). That apparently had the added benefit of foiling comment spam.

There doesn't appear to be any way of continuing to use that same method without also using the new automated one. If spam does end up becoming a problem, however, I'll activate that goofy word verification thingamajig. I hate those damn things because sometimes you can't tell what the letter is. And is that a number "1" or the letter "l?" Or is that a capital "i" or a lower case "L?" There's enough pressure in my life without having to deal with that crap. Still, if that's the price I have to pay to keep total strangers from insulting the size of my penis, then so be it.

Besides, my experience has been that most of those pills don't work.

0 thoughtful ramblings: