Friday, February 23, 2007

Forgive Me Father, For I Have Posted

The Archdiocese of Washington has launched an advertising campaign to get Catholics to come back to confession. They are resorting to such things as brochures, radio spots, signs on buses, and even a billboard. They even have a slogan: "The Light is On for You."

Yes, it does sound like an awful lot like the slogan for Motel 6. And if you get confused, you might just end up with a sin to confess.

Archdiocese officials are concerned that so few people are taking advantage of the sacrament. One line of thinking is that in this age of "confessions" on shows like Oprah, one no longer has to go to a church to seek forgiveness. On a personal note, I have to admit that I haven't been to confession in years, but it has nothing to do with TV.

I just got tired of all the damn priests that kept cutting in line ahead of me.

0 thoughtful ramblings: