Tuesday, July 10, 2007

And If You Act Now.....

A couple of years ago I vowed never again to buy anything from some inane offer on TV. That was after I ordered some ridiculous floor sweeper with rubber bristles. When I called the 1-800 number, they offered a second one for like a dollar (plus shipping & handling, of course). When the items arrived a week later, I was the proud owner of not one but TWO worthless pieces of crap that fell apart the first time I tried to use them. Hence my promise to myself and the world to never again get suckered by some wonderful new gadget I just couldn't live without.

While I'm not married, I still forgot my vows. The seduction came in the form of an ad for something called the Infinity Razor. It's made from the same steel used to make those knives that never need sharpening. Consequently, it's the last razor you will ever need to buy! How freakin' cool is that!?!? So cool, in fact, that I ordered a second one for some ridiculous low price (plus shipping & handling, of course). And please don't ask why I ordered two if the first one was supposed to last forever....

So now I'm the proud owner of.... TWO worthless pieces of crap.

This stupid thing barely cuts my whiskers. In fact, it mostly scrapes at your facial hair, so it hurts like hell to shave with it. Then you get to do it all over again because the first pass only gets about half the stubble.

So once again I vow to never again fall for one those asinine infomercial things. And if I really, REALLY get the urge to waste $19.95 (plus shipping & handling) on some wonderful new gizmo, I'll just take a twenty dollar bill and toss it into the middle of the street. At least that way, I won't have to pay shipping & handling.

In the meantime, here are some wonderful new products I'm considering:


0 thoughtful ramblings: