Tuesday, July 17, 2007

AC In A DC World

I had really been looking forward to seeing Transformers in the theater. I even took out a small business loan so I could buy popcorn and a soda. And I'm sorry to say that I was horribly disappointed in the film. I sat down in that theater expecting to see Michael Moore's scathing exposé of the electric power industry, and instead it turned out to be some sort of crap about robots from outer space!!!!

Admittedly, once I got over the emotional letdown of not seeing Michael confront the CEO of Consolidated Edison, the robot thing turned out to be pretty cool. Between the action and the special effects, Transformers may well turn out to be the top movie of the summer. In fact, I'll go as far as to say that Optimus Prime could kick Harry Potter's ass any day of the week.

It's not really a family film, however. There was a rather explicit scene involving the blowing of a transformer that may not be suitable for children.

The other highlight was in the 27 or so movie trailers they showed before the main attraction. There, among the previews for things like the upcoming Simpsons Movie and Yet Another Stinkin' Bourne Sequel, was one for a mysterious, as yet untitled film from JJ Abrams (he's the brains behind Lost and Alias). The only information it gives you at the end is the release date: 01-18-08. Even IMDB doesn't seem to have any meaningful information on what the movie will be about. And while the below preview may start off slow, stick with it. If you're anything like me, you'll end up crapping your pants when the Statue of Liberty's head comes rolling down the street.


By the way, that crapping of my pants thing? Let's just leave that between the two of us, okay?

0 thoughtful ramblings: