Monday, February 02, 2004

Only the Shadow Knows
Late word from the Afghan-Pakistani border is that Osama saw his shadow today when he briefly crawled out of his cave.

Guess that means we're in for six more weeks of terror alerts.
________________________________________________

Sometimes My Trenchcoat Malfunctions Like That
Why do I always miss the good stuff? I watched pretty much all of the Super Bowl last night, including the ads. But I figured the halftime show would be a good time to take a break. And what happens? I end up missing the best part of the game!

Of course, I'm referring to the part where Janet Jackson's boob popped out. The first I heard of this was on the radio this morning, and my first thought was "What was her brother Michael doing at the game?" Then I realized they were talking about her breast! Singer Justin Timberlake, apparently still upset he's not getting any anymore from Britney Spears, somehow tore Janet's top and caused her splendor to spill out in all its glory and across America's TV screens. Today he apologized for the incident and called it a "wardrobe malfunction."

Fortunately, I did tape the game, so I'll be able to go back and review the incident for myself. Over and over and over and over and....
________________________________________________

Strategic Placement
The following photo of John Kerry ran in the Washington Post a few days ago. He was trying to see if anyone was home. Presumably, if he had seen someone inside attempting to hide, Kerry would have kicked in the door and sought to win another vote that way. As it stands, the photo is mildly amusing.




However, if that snow shovel's handle had been at a slightly different angle, it would have been a great photo.... Not to mention boosting Kerry's popularity among women.


0 thoughtful ramblings: