Wednesday, February 08, 2006

It's People Like Her Who give Blondes a Bad Name

Britney Spears is finding herself in trouble after she was photographed driving away from a Malibu Starbucks with her four month old son in her lap. Putting aside the fact that this is a violation of California law, it is also a serious breach of common sense. What happens if she has to slam on the brakes, or heaven forbid, she hits something and the airbags deploy? The coffee would have spilled all over the dashboard!! Maybe she doesn't have to care about having a four dollar latte go to waste like that, but those of us who have to work for a living would never be so loose with our hard earned money.

Ms. Spears' excuse is that photographers were harassing her, and she was scared. Well, if anything, that only reinforces the idea that what she did was stupid. She basically just admitted that she was acting on instinct, in a hurry, and therefore not thinking clearly. Circumstances like that only make an accident even more likely.

Quite frankly, I'm embarrassed to have her as my fantasy love interest after this incident. On the other hand, it's not her brains I'm after.

If there's one thing I've learned during my many years as a getaway car driver, it's that you do not cut corners on safety. That's why no matter how many cops may be shooting at me and my crew outside a bank, I always make sure everyone is securely belted in and the mirrors are properly positioned to minimize blind spots. Then and ONLY then do I floor it and go careening down the sidewalk at 110 mph.

0 thoughtful ramblings: