Friday, October 29, 2004

Well, It Is the New TV Season

Back in August I made a rather bold prediction: That Osama bin Laden would be found on Friday, Oct. 29--Four days before the presidential election. The idea was that Bush already had the terror leader in custody and was merely waiting to just before the election to unveil him, thereby assuring Mr. Bush of a second term.

So I'm driving along this afternoon listening to the local all-news station when you-know-who's name suddenly popped up. My heart actually skipped a beat before I realized they weren't actually about to announce bin Laden's capture. However, Osama did make an exciting new video that was aired on Al Jazeera at 5 PM DC time. This was big news since it was his first such communication in over a year. It's also the first time he has publicly confessed to the 9/11 hijackings.

No, it's not quite the news his actual capture would have been, but I think I'm entitled to partial credit for it.

Oh, and I'm off the hook on the brick thing.

0 thoughtful ramblings: