Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Always Remember to Duck at a Courtney Love Concert
Singer Courtney Love, facing assault charges for an incident earlier this year in which she threw a microphone stand into the audience, has come up with an interesting defense. According to papers filed with a Manhattan court, "It is common knowledge that many rock-and-roll artists act with abandon while performing and, in the spirit of the moment, engage in conduct posing a risk of physical injury to themselves as well as others."

I have to agree.

About 10 or 15 years ago my grandmother lost her license after driving her Chrysler New Yorker into the produce section of a grocery store. Consequently it fell to me to take her to a Barry Manilow concert she already tickets for. And let me tell you, it got pretty rowdy in that mosh pit! Granny climbed up on my shoulders, took off her top, and began flashing her breasts at the stage during "Copacabana." Then things kind of mellowed out for "I Made It Through The Rain," and everyone started holding up their lighters. Unfortunately, several audience members' Depends caught on fire.

But the scariest part came during the encore: Just as Manilow was finishing up "Mandy," he threw his grand piano into the audience. Somehow I fell down during the ensuing melee and ended up with a walker jammed up my ass.


________________________________________________________


---------------David Horsey, Seattle Post Intelligencer


0 thoughtful ramblings: