Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Yahoo! My Tuckus

Yahoo announced a month or so ago that they were increasing the storage space on their free accounts. And while they denied it, it was fairly obvious that they were doing it in response to gmail's plan to offer a full gigabyte.

Yahoo unveiled its new service today, and the whole thing has me quite peeved off. Now don't misunderstand: I have no problem with their increasing storage space to 100 MB, BUT did they also have to revamp their sign-in screen as well as the graphics on the actual email pages?

This whole thing has me quite upset. You would think the bigwigs at Yahoo would have taken the time to personally contact yours truly, maybe even buy me a cup of coffee (mocha latte, tall)(oh, and with whipped cream). But N-O-O-O-o-o-O-O-O!!! They just went off half cocked, giving absolutely no thought to the longterm consequences of their actions, and made their changes. Hell, given the reckless nature of their actions, you'd think they were Bush Administration officials invading a foreign country!

Once I get used to something, and decide I like it, no one should be allowed to touch it. I don't like change. Change confuses me, distorts my already vague notions of reality, and turns my world upside down. It makes me want to just sit in the corner with my hands over my ears, rock back and forth, and mumble incoherently to myself.

Kind of like Dustin Hoffman in Rainman.

0 thoughtful ramblings: