Monday, October 09, 2006

Gas Pains

Early this morning the Shell station near me was selling regular for $2.04 a gallon, On the way home I noticed the price had dropped to $1.97. Needless to say, I filled up. When I went inside to pay, I asked the guy if they had received a shipment today. He said no, that they had dropped the price simply because other stations nearby had dropped theirs.

I pointed out how dishonest that was, that it's not right to lower the price of gasoline that stations already have in the ground. I demanded justice and made the guy pull out a calculator. Since I had bought 12.7 gallons of gas, and the price had dropped 7 cents, I made the guy accept an additional 89 cents.

Sometimes you just have to show these monopolistic bastards who's boss.


0 thoughtful ramblings: