Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Absolutely True Story

I'm not sure, but I think God just played a joke on me.

I had previously avoided watching Big Love, not because I was offended by the polygamist storyline but simply because of time constraints. But last week HBO reran the first 11 episodes, and since most everything else I had been following had gone into summer repeats, I decided to record them. After all, it's always best to occupy one's mind with mindless television.

This week I've been working my way through them, which is why I came home early today. So I'm sitting there, minding my own business, watching Bill Paxton carry on an "affair" with his wife Jeanne Tripplehorn behind the backs of his other two wives, when there was a knock on my door.

So I paused the DVR, opened the door, and who do I find standing there? Two Mormon missionaries!!! They introduced themselves as Elder Something or Other and Elder So and So, and all I could do was stand there in total, absolute, stunned disbelief. I finally just closed the door in their faces, which I now feel bad about.

I should have instead invited them in to watch the show. It would have been fun.


0 thoughtful ramblings: