Saturday, December 03, 2005

Britney Who?

I only now found out that yesterday was Britney Spears' birthday. Thanks to Rhianna for leaving that bit of news on my tagboard. However, she seems to be under the impression that I'm still obsessed with Ms. Spears, and nothing could be further from the truth.

First of all, "obsessed" is much too strong a word. An "excessively healthy fascination" might be a better term. But even so, that was then, and this is now. Britney is married, and I respect the sanctity of that sacred institution.... Especially when I'm afraid her husband could beat the living crap out of me. Besides--how shall I put this delicately--she's "used goods" now. It would be like buying a car with over 100,000 miles on the odometer. I prefer my merchandise to be fresh, and preferably still factory sealed.

No, Britney is old news, and I would no longer do anything stupid to prove my love for her.

On the other hand, Mandy Moore is still single....


0 thoughtful ramblings: