Thursday, May 05, 2005

Class

Last night ABC aired an expose of sorts about Fox TV's American Idol. The chief allegation is that judge Paula Abdul not only helped a contestant during last year's contest, but engaged in a sexual affair with him. And the source of the accusations is none other that the contestant himself, Corey Clark.

Some people are saying that this spells the end of American Idol, but I doubt it. America has no sense of shame any more. Not when a President can bang an intern less than half his age in the White House, lie about it under oath, and still remain wildly popular. Or when his successor can win reelection after invading a country under false pretenses while failing to capture the man who killed 3000 people on 9/11. Or rally to the side of Michael Jackson, who is undoubtedly a child molester. Or stand on highway overpasses to cheer on a washed up football hero who brutally killed two people.

So is anyone really going to care if Abdul is giving more than voice lessons to someone's she's supposed to be judging?

Personally I couldn't care less. I can honestly say that I have never watched American Idol, and I'm damn proud of it.

The really sorry part of this story is Clark himself. The man is a sleazeball, pure and simple. Where's his sense of decency? There is nothing lower than a guy who brags about his sexual conquests.

Hell, you never hear me boasting about the months I spent with Britney Spears, or the one night stand I had with Pamela Anderson, or the fact that I'm the reason Jennifer Lopez dumped Ben Affleck. And you know why I will never bring those things up? Because I have class and respect women, including Christina Aguilera, who made me promise that I would never tell anyone she farted in the hot tub.


0 thoughtful ramblings: