Thursday, May 14, 2009

True Story
(Or Maybe Not)

A priest, a minister, and a rabbi are arguing over whose religion is the best. So they each agree to go into the woods, find a bear, and attempt to convert it. A week later they meet again in the same spot to share their experiences.

The priest goes first. "When I found the bear, I read to him from the Catechism, heard his confession, and sprinkled him with holy water. Next week is his First Communion."

"I found a bear down by the stream," says the minister, "and preached God's holy word. He was so overcome by the lord's spirit that he let me baptize him."

So they both turn to the Rabbi who is lying there on a gurney. What's left of him is in a full body cast. He's missing an arm, and his face is mauled almost beyond recognition. "Looking back on it," says the Rabbi, "maybe I shouldn't have opened with the circumcision."

0 thoughtful ramblings: