Friday, October 19, 2007

Comcast: A Wretched Hive Of Scum And Villainy

Did you know that Comcast engages in censorship? It turns out that they intentionally block some file sharing programs. This is apparently not done because of any sort of copyright concerns, but is simply another method by which they conserve bandwidth.

What's particularly vile about their methods is that it's done on the sly. Comcast's own systems will fool the machines engaged in file sharing by posing as one of the computers and telling the other to end the program. In actuality, however, the command comes not from the other computer but from Comcast itself.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Comcast sucks. I freed myself from the tyranny of their lousy internet service by switching to DSL some months ago but remain stuck with their cable TV service. And while I don't consider myself religious, I do often find myself praying that FIOS will soon free me entirely from Comcast's evil grip.

0 thoughtful ramblings: