Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Well, There's Always Next Year

I don't mean to get all nostalgic and weepy on you, but today was the last day of the 2005 hurricane season. Speaking for myself, I'm going to miss it.

The question that remains, however, is what happens if another tropical storm/hurricane does pop up in December? If it meets all the criteria, will it still get a name? And if so, what the hell comes after epsilon? Are there any Greeks out there? Is the United States still on speaking terms with the government of Greece? I mean, we've already pissed off 3/4 of the world's nations, but I can't remember if Greece was "with us or against us." So if another hurricane or tropical storm forms, and no one knows what to call it, I guess we can blame Bush.

According to this site, only 97% of such storms occur during the June 1-December 1 "hurricane season." However, it doesn't answer the question of whether an out of season storm would still get named.

Hmmmm.... Maybe it's time to get the lawyers involved.


0 thoughtful ramblings: