Sunday, June 12, 2005

More Cowbell

This weekend saw the annual "Celebrate Fairfax," which is the county fair for, well, Fairfax. Unlike most county fairs, however, this one has no farm animals, largely because there hasn't been a farm animal sighted in Fairfax in over 20 years.... Except for that Hispanic family that used to live above me. They kept a rooster and a couple of goats in their apartment.

Celebrate Fairfax is mostly more about rides, high tech interactive games, and the music. This year's lineup of groups included Better Than Ezra, The Smithereens, and--believe it or not--Rick Springfield.

But the reason I went--and this is not meant to disparage Rick in anyway--was for Blue Oyster Cult. I've always loved their music. In fact, any time they appear within 300 miles of DC, I will go see them just so I can hold my cigarette lighter up high and scream as loud as I can, MORE COWBELL!

Anyway, I've been told not to come back to Celebrate Fairfax for the next five years.

See more funny videos at Funny or Die


0 thoughtful ramblings: