Tuesday, June 07, 2005

I've Been Dissed

I hopped on board the Firefox bandwagon a couple of months ago and have been using it for most of my web browsing. My only complaint is that it does--on very rare occasions--have problems displaying some sites. For example, my Yahoo email doesn't offer me some of its extra options such as bold print, italics, etc. when viewed on Firefox. To get around that, I leave an IE window open just for Yahoo.

On the other hand, the tabbed browsing that Firefox offers more than makes up for that. It's a much faster system than what Windows/IE offers. Plus it offers some cool skins, my favorite being "Brushed." Then there are the extensions, which are little extras you can add. Being something of a weather geek, I now have the current weather conditions and five day forecast displayed in my taskbar. And perhaps most important of all, Firefox has excellent adblocking capabilities.

Even so, I'm always open to new ideas. And since Netscape 8.0 has been getting a lot of press lately, I decided to give it a shot. I went to Netscape.com and tried to download it. It came back with a message telling me that it needs, at minimum, a 233 mhz processor. My computer, however, didn't meet that particular requirement, so therefore I wouldn't be allowed to proceed any further. Goodbye. Do not pass go and do not collect $200. Don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out.

It's pretty embarrassing when even people giving stuff away for free tell you to get lost.


0 thoughtful ramblings: