Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Kreme Me, Baby
For years I have been a fan of Krispy Kreme Donuts. However, despite living in the most powerful city in the world, DC area residents had limited opportunities to partake in its sumptuous mouth watering concoctions. There was only one location in suburban Maryland, and anotherMmmmm..... Do-o-o-o-o-nu-u-u-u-ts.... in suburban Virginia. The Virginia one--in Alexandria--was the one I would occasionally visit, usually whenever my weight would dip below 250.

All that changed today with the opening of a store in Washington itself, near the tony Dupont Circle neighborhood. While even less convenient for me than one in Alexandria, it nonetheless proved worthy of a visit: They were offering a single free donut to every customer today as a grand opening special. Needless to say, I was down there early this morning for the freebie.

Then I went home, changed clothes, put on a hat, and went back for a second donut. Afterwards I went back home again, changed, and put on sunglasses. Since I live some 50 miles outside of DC, this running back and forth was proved to be quite time consuming, and it cost me about $70 in gas.

On the other hand, I did get five free donuts, so it was worth it!


________________________________________________________


---------------Tuan, via Email



0 thoughtful ramblings: