Thursday, October 30, 2008

I'm Starting to Get Irritated

Well, so much for going right back to sleep. Now all sorts of sirens keep going by. Normally that's not that unusual. I live near a major intersection, and you can occasionally hear emergency vehicles as they go up one road or another. What's different this time is that I've counted well over 20 sets of sirens go by. That's surprising, since I didn't think Warrenton had that many fire trucks, police cars, and ambulances.

I still don't know what that noise was, but it apparently wasn't that nearby. Assuming those sirens are responding to whatever happened, it must have been several miles away. The sirens keep fading off in the distance rather than stopping right away.

Anyway, it's still not too late for John McCain to win my vote. All he has to do is promise to let me get a decent night's sleep.

0 thoughtful ramblings: