Thursday, October 30, 2008

I was having what seemed like an intelligent conversation with another survivor when he suddenly said that today's horrible events are proof of God's existence. According to him, all the death and destruction was a the lord's way of punishing us for allowing abortions, legalizing same-sex marriages, and giving Obama a double digit lead in the polls.

I tried to point out that wherever these creatures came from, they had arrived in space ships. And if they were from heaven and sent by God, then why did they need space ships?

Instead of answering my question, the man said that if I wanted to be saved, then all I needed to do was accept God. Then He would protect me from all harm. As proof, he cited himself. "I have accepted God, and in return he is protecting me from all harm." Then he closed his eyes to offer up a prayer of thanks.

That's when I hit him in the head with a baseball bat and stole his car.

0 thoughtful ramblings: