Monday, June 05, 2006

What Will One Cowboy Never, Ever Say To Another Cowboy Again?

Someone recently emailed me a list of "Top 10 Old West phrases that will never sound the same after Brokeback Mountain." I tried to track down its origins, and while it's been kicking around the web for a while (sorry--I've been busy procrastinating), I can't tell who first came up with it. The list does, however, sound suspiciously like something David Letterman would have cooked up.

1. "I'm gonna pump you fulla lead!"

2. "Give me a stiff one, barkeep!"

3. "Don't fret -- I've been in tight spots before."

4. "Howdy, pardner."

5. "You stay here while I sneak around from behind."

6. Two words: "Saddle Sore."

7. "Hold it right there! Now, move your hand, reeeal slow-like."

8. "Let's mount up!"

9. "Nice spread ya got there!"

10. "Ride'em cowboy!"




P.S.
Don't worry--I only procrastinate in the privacy of my own bedroom.

0 thoughtful ramblings: