Friday, June 09, 2006

It's For My Cats... Really... I Swear

A few weeks ago I bought one of those water bowls for my cats that recirculates the water. One drawback, however, is that if a little chunk of food or whatever gets in there and sinks to the bottom, you're kind of stuck with it. Otherwise you have to unplug the unit, remove the water reservoir, and then finally rinse out the whole thing. It's just too much of a pain in the tuckus for someone as lazy as myself. That's how I came up with the idea of buying a turkey baster to basically "vacuum" foreign substances out of the bottom of the bowl.

So today on the way home I finally remembered to stop somewhere and buy one. But then, as I'm walking around the grocery store with this turkey baster in my hand, all I could think of were the various TV shows where women attempt to get pregnant using semen filled turkey basters. That's when I began to feel very self-conscious about the stupid turkey baster. I could even imagine standing at the register and the cashier getting on the storewide and announcing a "Price check on a turkey baster for the single pervert at aisle six."

That's when I decided to also buy something a lot less embarassing for a guy.... Like a box of tampons.


0 thoughtful ramblings: