Monday, June 26, 2006

Someone Turn Off The Spigot

It has always been my position that if I wanted to live in a motherfreakin' rain forest, I would move to Brazil. But since I live in North America instead of Asia or Africa or wherever the hell Brazil is, it should be fairly obvious that I do NOT want to live in the aforementioned rain forest.

Even worse, if I lived in Brazil, I might have to learn to appreciate soccer.

Yet living in a rain forest is pretty much what life has become along much of the east coast. For example, much of the DC area has received over 10 inches of rain since yesterday morning. As a result, many primary roads were closed this morning. Even the inner loop of the Capital Beltway was closed due to a freakin' mudslide.

Yes, a mudslide! In DC. Hell, if I wanted to worry about motherfreakin' mudslides, I'd move to California. I mean, what's next? An earthquake? Wildfires? Braless women in haltertops rollerblading down Constitution Avenue? Okay, so maybe California wouldn't be that bad after all.

Numerous other roads were closed, several subway stations were forced to shut down, countless creeks overflowed, and a tree toppled on the White House lawn (possibly shot by Dick Cheney).

On the bright side, the basement of the IRS building flooded.


0 thoughtful ramblings: