Thursday, August 18, 2005

It's Morphin' Time!

When I was growing up in the '90's, I used to enjoy watching the Power Rangers. Sometimes, when I was alone, I would fantasize about the chick Ranger--usually the one in the pink costume--kicking my ass. Oh baby....

Anyway, one thing I definitely never thought about was what a turn on it would be to have a Power Ranger tie me to an anchor and shove me overboard.

Yet that's exactly what Skylar DeLeon--who supposedly starred on the show--allegedly did. I say supposedly, because it's starting to look like this guy may only be pretending to be a celebrity.

This, of course, raises a whole other question: Is the mere act of pretending to be a celebrity so outrageous in and of itself that it automatically makes the perpetrator a celebrity? And before you dismiss that concept as being too absurd to ever happen, keep in mind that Paris Hilton only became famous because she was dumb enough to have her boyfriend videotape her while they were boinking. Until that happened, no one had ever heard of her. She had never appeared on TV, or appeared on a magazine cover, or demonstrated any sort of meaningful talent, or done anything to bring fame upon herself. She was nothing more than a spoiled rich kid.

Anyway, at least I can still look up to the Ninja Turtles.


0 thoughtful ramblings: