Wednesday, June 18, 2008

How Do I Remove Dried Spittle from My Monitor?

You know, there's nothing I enjoy more than working myself into a good lather. That's how it was yesterday with the whole stupid Firefox 3.0 thing. When I discovered that the old Session Saver add-on wasn't compatible with the new version, I got really pissed. I immediately uninstalled it, then went to Google and started looking for the old version 2.0 so I could download it.

That wasn't as easy as you might think. The official Mozilla site was only offering the new 3.0 version. Even sites that said they had the old 2.0 had already updated their links so you would end up downloading 3.0 instead. By the time all was said and done, I was frothing at the mouth like some sort of rabid animal. The cats even offered to take me to the vet for my shots.

So that's why I'm really, really pissed at Dogbait. He left a comment yesterday that Session Saver was actually built into Firefox 3.0; it was no longer just an optional add-on.

So I tested it out by downloading the new Firefox onto my old computer, opening a bunch of tabs, actually typing text into an email, and then yanking the power cord out of the back. Then I plugged it back in, and when I clicked the Firefox icon on the desktop, it asked if I wanted to restore the old session. Lo and behold, all the tabs reappeared, and even the text I had been typing was still there in mid sentence. And yes, even my beloved Walnut for Firefox theme was working as well.

Don't tell anyone, but I'm positively giddy with delight.

So that now leaves me with a dilemma. I can either admit I was wrong and that all that outrage yesterday was wasted, or I can redirect my anger and frustration at some new and completely innocent target.... Like McDonald's coffee.

But I'll save that for another post. Right now I have to finish downloading Firefox 3.0 on my computers.

0 thoughtful ramblings: