Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Firefox Update: The Egg Hatches

I was finally able to access the add-ons page and download an updated version of Walnut for Firefox. However, I think I'll keep walking in circles and mumbling incoherently simply because it feels so darn good.

However, here's the REALLY bad news about Firefox 3.0: The Session Saver add-on no longer works, and there doesn't appear to be any update for it. If you're unfamiliar with Session Saver, it is simply the best damn thing since the invention of sliced bread. If your computer crashes, or there's an unexpected power outage, Session Saver would restore all your tabs and even any existing text you had been typing when you reboot. It was, in my estimation, the single best feature of Firefox. Or, more precisely, USED to be the single best feature of Firefox.

If there's no fix for this, there's really no longer any point of using Firefox.

--UPDATE--

Call me old fashioned, but I ended up uninstalling Firefox 3.0 and switching back to 2.0. I was able to find a download of the old version online.

0 thoughtful ramblings: