Monday, September 22, 2003

BALD SPOT? WHAT BALD SPOT?
Dick Grasso has resigned as Chairman of the New York Stock Exchange. His departure comes after the uproar that resulted when his $140 million dollar pay package became public.



With that kind of dough, you'd think he'd be able to afford a hairpiece.

IT'S ALL ABOUT THE CHEESE
For almost thirty years the Nebraska Wesleyan University has held a behavioral rat competition, called the "Rat Olympics." Now, however, the United States Olympics Committee has sued, saying that the school is not authorized to use the word "Olympics" when referring to the event. USOC is apparently concerned that competitions involving rats may somehow besmirch the otherwise untarnished image of the real Olympics.
Fox News has already informed the school that it may not use the words "furry and balanced" in its new name.

WHY I HATE CLOWNS NAMED "RONALD"
McDonald's continues is continues to achieve success in its ongoing campaign to piss me off....
This morning I ordered breakfast with a medium soft drink and was handed a 22 oz. empty cup and a 12 ounce can of Coke. After a fruitless search for the missing 10 ounces, I informed the manager that the "boil water warning" for Fairfax County had been lifted as of 8 PM last night.
So she hands me a "bottled water."
No, I politely explained. "I don't want 'bottled water. I was just telling you that the boil water warning is over. The water is safe."
So she points at the bottled water and says, "Yes. Bottled water safe."
AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!!!!
If someone is going to be in a position of authority and responsible for presenting a company's image to the public, they should have a reasonable command of the English language.
Now please don't misunderstand me.... I don't want to sound like some kind of narrow-minded anti-immigrant redneck wacko bigot. I'm really not.
It's just that a sizable percentage of immigrants seem to be from other countries.


0 thoughtful ramblings: