Monday, August 27, 2007

Not That There's Anything Wrong With That--Unless It's In The Bathroom

When I first heard that a congressman had been arrested at Dulles Airport, I was initially overjoyed. I just knew, deep in my bones, that it was going to be another self-righteous holier-than-thou Republican lawmaker in trouble.

Needless to say, I was profoundly disappointed when I learned that the offender was Bob Filner, a Democrat from California. Even worse, it was a boring offense involving an argument over lost luggage. It's the type of thing that pretty much all of us can identify with.

I spent the next several days licking my wounds. To tell the truth, I would have preferred to spend my time licking something else, but I can't quite bend my neck that far.

However, I am glad to report that my faith in humanity has just been restored!!! And to whom do I owe this deeply personal spiritual rebirth? Why, none other than Senator Larry Craig from Idaho!!! And what did this Senator do that was so darn wonderful, you ask? Well, he got himself arrested. By coincidence, his arrest also took place at an airport. Unfortunately for Senator Craig, however, it had nothing to do with his bag.... Then again, perhaps it did.

It seems that Craig was arrested by an undercover officer in the men's room at the Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport. No details, except that the Senator is denying that he engaged in any sort of "inappropriate conduct."

Hmmmm.... Any time the terms "United States Senator," "men's room," and "inappropriate conduct" show up in the same paragraph, it can't be good news for someone's political future.

Oh, and have I mentioned the best part? Craig is a self-righteous holier-than-thou Republican!!!!

0 thoughtful ramblings: