Wednesday, April 13, 2005

One Flu Over The Cuckoo's Nest

One thing I hate about ordering things through the mail is shipping mistakes. At least if you're physically in a store, you can see what you're buying. You can even touch it, sample it, try it on, and so forth. And when you go to the cash register, you know precisely what you're getting.

But when you order something through the mail (or from the internet), you are trusting someone to not grab the wrong item off the shelf and screw up your order.

For example, one time I ordered a blue shirt from some catalog, but what arrived in the mail was a green one. Pissed me off royally, since I hate green. Another time I ordered some inkjet cartridges and Office Depot sent the wrong dang model number.

And most recently I ordered a pair of size 12 EEE brown shoes from the J.C. Penney catalog and what shows up on my doorstep? Several dozen vials of a deadly flu virus from 1957.

Stuff like that just irritates me to no end.


0 thoughtful ramblings: