Sunday, December 16, 2007

Anybody Got Steve Jobs' Phone Number?

There's been a lot of talk the last several days about the glow in the dark cats that South Korean scientists have cloned. However, there's a dirty little secret: They only glow when exposed to ultraviolet light.

Huh? Ultraviolet light? What the hell is that? When I go down to the supermarket, I see 60 watt bulbs, 75 watt bulbs, 100 watt bulbs, fluorescent light bulbs, bulbs for your oven, and bulbs for plants. One thing I DON'T see, however, are ultraviolet light bulbs. Is that even something you and I can buy in a store? Or will we need to lock ourselves in a tanning bed with the cat to see it glow?

If the cat only glows when exposed to ultraviolet light, what's the point?

Now if some scientist produced a cat with a built in USB port and an eight gig flash drive that you could download music onto, THEN maybe I might get a little excited. And I don't think I need to tell you where the earphone jack would be....

Hmmmm.... I may have just invented Apple's next hot item: The iCat.

0 thoughtful ramblings: